Leroy Springs & Co. Donates Getaways and Fun to Fort Mill Schools
FORT MILL, S.C., August 29, 2013 — As part of its longtime support of the Fort Mill area schools, Leroy Springs & Co. has donated getaways and good times valued at more than $20,000 for use by the district’s 13 Parent-Teacher Organizations in their fundraising and recognition programs.
The donation is just part of more than $100,000 of in-kind services that Leroy Springs provides the school district each year. From field trips and swim team practices to support of special needs programs, Leroy Springs and the Anne Springs Close Greenway have a long history of supporting the education and recreation programs of the school district.
“Leroy Springs provides amazing opportunities for our students and teachers, from education about nature and wildlife to recreational activities including hiking and exploring,” said Fort Mill School Superintendent Chuck Epps. “These contributions enhance the education and experiences for all of our students and their families.”
This year’s donation package for each school’s PTO includes:
• A two-night stay at Springmaid Beach Resort in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
• A two-night stay at Springmaid Mountain Resort in Spruce Pine, N.C.
• A three-month family membership to the Recreation Complex on the Greenway
• A week of summer camp for one child, age 6 to 14, at the Greenway’s Adventure Seekers
• Greens fees and cart for four at Fort Mill Golf Club
• Greens fees and cart for four at Springfield Golf Club
• A one-hour horseback trail ride for two on the Greenway
• A yearlong family membership to the Greenway
• Four passes to the Greenway’s 2013 Fall Frolic, which includes corn maze, wagon rides, pumpkin patch and other activities
“Our mission is to support the recreational and educational needs of the community,” said Tim Patterson, president of Leroy Springs & Co., a nonprofit organization. “We value our partnership with the Fort Mill School District and contribute where we can to assist our schools maintain their well-deserved reputation of excellence.”
Visit our website at www.leroysprings.com.
About Leroy Springs & Co.
Leroy Springs & Co., Inc. is a non-profit company dedicated to supporting the recreation, education and community needs of citizens in Fort Mill Township, and Chester and Lancaster counties. It operates golf courses in all three communities and oversees operations of the Anne Springs Close Greenway and Recreation Complex on the Greenway in Fort Mill, as well as Springmaid Mountain in Spruce Pine, N.C.